A delectable chocolate truffle can be a treat to remember, even more if it’s a cannabis-infused recipe. Enthusiasts who’d like to take the leap of faith and make cannabis chocolate or cannabutter truffles can begin with quick and straightforward recipes. These recipes are simple and only require a handful of ingredients compared to other cannabis-infused ones.
If you want to get started, this write-up comprises a seamless cannabutter and cannabis-infused heavy cream recipe, followed by multiple variations of delectable truffle recipes.
However, cannabis edibles in Canada are not an easy project. It requires a specific method and the correct quantity. So, let’s get started with the basic cannabis-infused heavy cream and cannabutter recipes.
Cannabis-Infused Heavy Cream & Cannabutter
You will require an infused heavy cream recipe to successfully make this cannabis-infused chocolate edible. Often unnoticed and ignored, various milk products like heavy cream are ideal for cannabis infusions as they brim with lipids essential for decarboxylation.
Knowing that the cannabis flower comprises THCA needs to be turned into THC through a specific procedure to get the psychoactive feeling. This is essential as THCA does not produce high or induce psychoactive effects. Moreover, you can swap THC with CBD oil to counteract euphoria-like effects.
All the THC cannabinoids will interact with the fat’s lipids through decarboxylation. This binding process enables the body’s ECS to absorb this psychoactive ingredient. But, ensure to dose your recipe with an amount you can handle. Overdoing the potency level may leave you severely intoxicated. However, if you have experience with weed gummies, opt for a moderate amount of cannabis-dried bud in the recipe.
Here are some salient steps to make cannabutter with a piece of specific equipment found in every household. If you already have a medical marijuana card, follow this recipe with the right strength to boost your appetite and soothe various other symptoms while feeling luxurious and settled instead of medicinal.
Cannabutter (Cannabis Butter)
- ¼ ounce marijuana (roughly break it up with fingers)
- 2-3 sticks of unsalted butter
Decarboxylation – Many people cook pot brownies and do not experience any marijuana effects post-consumption. That is because they tend to miss out on this vital step. Converting the cannabis flower to a consumable ingredient requires THC activation. This can happen when you tend to smoke edibles. However, it is a slow and low approach.
- Start with preheating the oven to 240 degrees F.
- Place the bud on your sheet pan and put it in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Take a crockpot and half-fill it with water. Set to medium-high flame (do not let it boil). You need to follow this step to maximize the bud’s flavour and potency levels; you need to follow this step.
- Place the toasted marijuana in a mason jar with butter. Close the lid and put it in your crockpot.
- Step steep and cover marijuana in butter for a minimum of six hours. Then, you can check the water level and keep adding if needed.
- Take a mesh strainer and strain the mix over a bowl. Let it cool for a few minutes.
Once you have transferred the entire mix, store the leftovers to steep your pot tea and garnish some savoury dishes. Moreover, you can refrigerate the cannabutter for up to two months.
What Do You Need For Cannabis-Infused Chocolate Truffles?
- 8 ounces of quality dark chocolate
- ½ cup of cannabis-infused heavy cream
- 2-3 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 1 tsp of prepared coffee or ½ tsp of instant espresso (optional)
- ¼ tsp of pure vanilla extract
Note: This recipe makes around 25 truffle balls.
- Matcha or chopped, toasted pistachios
- confectioners’ sugar or toasted coconut (for non-dosed pairings)
- Chop the chocolates into fine pieces and transfer them into a bowl.
- Whisk the cream slowly in your saucepan until it starts boiling. Pour the cream with chocolate and whisk together until the mixture melts.
- Whisk in coffee, cannabutter, and vanilla. Keep the mixture aside for an hour.
- With a melon-baller or 2-tsp scoop, take out round balls of your chocolate mixture. Once done, place those balls on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the mix for at least half an hour or until it’s firm.
- Next, roll every dollop of chocolate into your hands and make truffles into spheres. You can keep these chocolate truffles refrigerated for a minimum of two weeks and serve them at room temperature.
Note on dosing: If you’re moderately experienced with cannabis-infused edibles, consider keeping every truffle to 5-6 mg of THC. Utilize the dosage calculator to keep your chocolate treats approachable. Since most cannabis-infused products do not have a medical grade, it’s tricky to determine the accurate THC content.
Use around ½ teaspoon of cannabutter as a standard per-person baseline. Go for it if you wish to go beyond and know how much you can handle.
Variations You Can Experiment With
Try some of these variations once you have mastered the vintage cannabis-infused chocolate truffle.
Instead of dipping truffles in powdered sugar, consider coating them in chopped dry or toasted nuts. Peanuts, almonds, walnuts, or even pistachios would be ideal choices. One can also try going for raw nuts in the truffle recipe. However, if you do not like a rough texture.
Add crispy rice cereal to your cannabis-infused chocolate truffles to provide a crisp and crunchy texture. However, remember that adding the grain in excess will ruin the shape of your truffles.
After adding cannabis to the mix, try experimenting and improvising with various other flavours. For example, you can go for flavoured mint, orange, strawberry, or almond. Remember, though, that extract flavours are relatively intense. Therefore, go a little light.
One can roll their cannabis-infused chocolate truffles in any topping. Crushed-up cookies, shredded coconut, chocolate sprinkles, and even potato chips can make ideal truffle toppings. Know that the possibilities are endless. You can also use different melted chocolate ingredients like cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and white chocolate.
If you are an experienced cannabis user, moderate to high doses may work. However, if it’s the other way around, start low and gradually build your way up. It’s also crucial to know that weed edibles take half an hour to two hours to kick in, so avoid overdosing.
In the end, put together the right mixture and follow the steps to make cannabis-infused butter and heavy cream before adding them to a standard cannabis-infused truffle recipe.
You can skip the process and buy chocolate THC truffles online in Canada from Daily Marijuana. Order now and buy cannabis chocolates online in Canada or get local weed delivery in Surrey, Vancouver, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, and more! Find us featured on websites like CannabisOntario.
Cannabis Ontario. (2022, August 15). Find the best cannabis in Ontario. Available at: https://cannabisontario.net/
Mouslech, Z. (2009). Endocannabinoid system: An overview of its potential in current medical practice. National Library of Medicine National Center for Biotechnology Information. Available at: Available At: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19675519/
Daily Edibles Delivery. (2022, August 15). Enjoy the Best Deals On Same-Day Weed Delivery in Surrey. Available at: https://dailyedibles.io/service-areas/weed-delivery-surrey/
Natural Care. (2018, September 20). How THC works. Natural Care Group. Available At: https://naturalcaregroup.com/how-thc-works/
Get Kush. (2022, August 15). Best Online Dispensary | Buy Cannabis Chocolates Online in Canada. Available at: https://getkush.cc/product-category/edibles/thc-chocolates/