There are a majority of ways that one can consume cannabis. However, choosing the best form of consumption is challenging since new ways pop up every day. The method of inhaling cannabis is the oldest one.
However, edibles are becoming more popular ever since legalization took hold, as you can enjoy various foods, especially food combined with THC, CBG, CBD, and even CBN. In addition, there is the availability of sprays and cannabis oil. You can even make cannabis candy and other edibles at home.
There is no better way to consume weed. It all depends on individual preferences like health, price, and strength. Weed edibles in Canada include food products, capsules, and lozenges producing long-lasting effects and a majority of the weed edibles contain a significant amount of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
The tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) edible is typically consumed for medical and recreational purposes. The effects of the consumption can include increased appetite, euphoria, relaxation anxiety, and fatigue.
The Right Dose of Cannabis Candy
When it comes to consuming the correct doses of weed, it all depends on an individual. However, starting on a small quantity is advisable, and candy would be an excellent choice. If you are taking cannabis for the first time, a small dose is always a superb choice. especially since weed edibles affect the body differently than when smoking weed.
Every person’s response to edible weed varies based on gender, weight, age, and experience with cannabis. 15-20 mg is the standard dose for an experienced individual. Beginners should start with a low dose of around 5 mg. For an exceptional experience, trial and error are paramount until one gets the correct amount for a significant occasion.
Experience Weed In Candy
Weed edibles are easy to carry around, tasty, and don’t involve inhaling. There are various weed candies like cannabis hard candy, cannabis cotton candy, and THC gummies; however, lollipops and gummies are the most popular. The best thing is that it’s easy to make weed candies at home if you have cannabis extract on hand.
When making marijuana candy at home, the most critical aspect is dosage. Most people, and even experienced weed users, have a negative experience with weed at some point. However, knowing the correct dose helps one enjoy weed edibles in the right healthy way, avoiding accidental ingestions of too much THC.
In addition, cannabis edibles can create a different profound high because the THC metabolism in the edibles differs from inhalation and vaping.
The effects of cannabis-infused edibles such as gummies take a longer time to kick in as they need to first go through the digestive system.
Different strains have different purposes and different levels of CBD and THC. Therefore it’s essential to choose the strain as per your unique requirements.
How to Make Weed Candy And Lollipops
When making weed lollipops, it’s crucial to get the procedure right. Therefore, it’s ideal that there’s temperature monitoring throughout. However, pulling off weed candy recipes is not as difficult.
Let’s take a look at one of the best cannabis hard candy recipes and the ingredients and equipment you need.
- 1 cup 235 of sugar
- ¼ cup (120) of corn syrup
- ¼ cup (60 ml) filtered water
- 2-3 tablespoons THC tincture
- One tablespoon flavour of your choice
- Lollipop sticks
- Candy thermometer
- Lollipop/Candy mold
Weed Lollipops/Candy recipe
- Mix sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat
- Stir continuously until all the sugar dissolves. When the mixture boils and combines, check the temperature with a thermometer. Ensure the temperature reaches 300°F (150°)
- Remove pan from heat while maintaining the thermometer in the pan
- Once the temperature drops to 250°F (120°C), add the cannabis tincture/oil and flavour of your choice, such as:
- Banana–stir the mixture continuously until it mixes
- Pour the hard candy mixture into the candy molds, and add lollipop sticks. Let the cannabis candies cool for 15 to 25 minutes.
- Finally, enjoy your cannabis lollipops or other cannabis hard candies.
How to Make THC Gummies
Before making weed gummies, ensure to gather all the ingredients. You’ll need CBD or THC oil or a mixture of the two. It’s easier to make weed gummies with only four ingredients and an ice cube tray. The weed gummy recipe for the gummies is versatile. Moreover, fruit juice masks the earthy cannabis flavour.
It is advisable to whisk the ingredients thoroughly to avoid separation once the mixture solidifies. Since gummies are a little sticky, it’s vital to roll them in confectioners’ sugar to prevent them from sticking together. The best method for making gummies is silicone moulds, as they allow the gummies to pop out easily, keeping the structure and the shape intact.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of cold water
- One teaspoon of agar-agar powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) of fresh fruit juice or fruit puree
- One tablespoon of cannabis tincture
- Sweetener or a pinch of sugar
- Silicone gummy moulds (or ice cube trays)
THC Gummies Recipe
- When using fruit puree, constantly stir before using
- Pour juice /puree into a saucepan over medium or high heat. Separately add one teaspoon of agar-agar and mix with water in a dish
- Pour water and agar–agar in the boiled fruit/puree juice. Stir for three minutes, adding sugar or sweetener
- Remove pan from heat, and after it cools down, add cannabis tincture
- After pouring the mixture into the mould/ice cube tray, let it cool down for about twenty minutes. Next, leave it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Finally, remove the gummies from the mould and sprinkle them with powdered sugar to avoid sticking together.
In Conclusion on Cannabis Candy
Cannabis candy is convenient and easy to make at home. These two simple recipes will help you make delectable weed candies at home. However, before you indulge, keep in mind that the time taken for weed edibles to show effect varies from individual to individual.
However, the effect lasts for about 5-6 hours, and it’s different for every person. The peak euphoria can last up to about 1-3 hours, but it can also continue for a longer duration. So it’s best to have a candy and wait for some time before popping in another one.
As advised, always start with a lower dose, slowly working your way up until comfortable.
Government of Canada. A FRAMEWORK FOR THE LEGALIZATION AND REGULATION OF CANNABIS IN CANADA. Available at: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/hc-sc/healthy-canadians/migration/task-force-marijuana-groupe-etude/framework-cadre/alt/framework-cadre-eng.pdf
The Green Ace. (2022, August 6). Buy Weed Candy Online in Canada. Available at: https://thegreenace.org/product-category/edibles/candy/
BC Weed Delivery. (2022, August 6). Find the best cannabis dispensaries in British Columbia, Canada. Available at: https://bcweeddelivery.org/
Science Direct. (2021, September 29). Tetrahydrocannabinol. Available At: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/tetrahydrocannabinol
Government of Canada. (2020, October 28). Medical Use of Cannabis. Available at: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/topics/cannabis-for-medical-purposes.html
Daily Treats Delivery. (2022, August 6). BC’s Top Weed Candy Delivery Service. Available at: https://dailytreatsdelivery.io/
Carter, A. (2019, August 9). How Long Do Edibles Take to Kick In? Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-do-edibles-take-to-kick-in