Gummies are an incredibly delicious way of dosing on cannabis. While the rich flavours effortlessly mask the earthy taste of cannabis, the small portions make it easy to keep up with regular and appropriate dosage. In addition, if you lead a vegan lifestyle and have dietary restrictions, you can make completely vegan marijuana gummies on your own. So you want to learn how to make vegan cannabis-infused gummies?
Vegan cannabis edibles like gummies are pretty easy to prepare at home. You have complete control of the ingredients when you make your own, so you can make them gluten-free and use all organic ingredients as well. So let us at Daily Marijuana take you through the steps for making homemade vegan cannabis gummies.
Creating Infused Oil
Preparing marijuana-infused oil is the first step to creating weed edibles. Using marijuana-infused oil is preferred over cannabis-infused butter when making gummies. We will start with decarboxylation of the cannabis buds to activate the cannabinoids to induce fantastic health benefits. The process ensures you are not wasting the weed and introducing all its goodness to your gummies.
Steps For Decarboxylation
What You Need
- Double boiler setup
- 1 cup of cannabis buds
- 1 cup coconut oil or olive oil
How To Prepare
- Prepare the double boiler setup. Pour water on the lower pan and place it on the flame. Let the water heat and boil.
- Place the top pan in hot water and add oil to it. Let the oil melt completely.
- Place the cannabis buds inside a cheesecloth and tie it securely.
- Place this bundle inside the oil and let the setup steep for a few hours. Alternatively, you can add the buds directly to the oil and use a cheesecloth to strain after the steeping process.
- After six to eight hours, remove the bag from the oil. Squeeze it tightly to extract as much oil as possible. Then, dispose of the buds bundle.
- Your cannabis-infused oil is ready for use. You can keep a portion of this for your weed gummies and store the rest for preparing any other cannabis edible products in the future.
Tip: Squeezing the cheesecloth tight will cause chlorophyll and flavonoids from the plant extracts to enter the oil as well. It could induce a green colour and an odd flavour to your gummies. Alternatively, you can simply filter the oil.
Fruit Juice Cocktail
Fruity gummies are the most delicious variety that exhibits a burst of flavours. Using a mixture of different fruit juices can be a fun choice for preparing your gummies. For example, adding lemon, orange, and grapefruit juice has natural citric acid and can make a great fruit snack.
Alternatively, you can individually add agar mixture to different fruit juice purees. This way, you can create a batch of colourful gummies, each tasting different. For example, you will have a mould full of strawberry gummies in a gorgeous pink, another with lemon gummies in mild yellow, and a set of blueberry gummies glowing in blue.
Preparing Cannabis Gummies With Infused Oil
What You Need
- 1 cup mixed fruit juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup infused oil
- One teaspoon of agar powder
- Two tablespoons of agave nectar
- One teaspoon of soy lecithin
- Silicone moulds or ice cube trays
How To Prepare
- Strain the fruit juice or puree to strengthen the consistency.
- Add the filtered juice to a saucepan and place it on medium-low heat.
- Add the agar-agar powder with 1/4 cup cold water in a small bowl and mix thoroughly till it completely dissolves.
- While the fruit puree is at a low boil, add the dissolved mixture and stir thoroughly. Continue to mix frequently for about 3 minutes to combine.
- Remove the saucepan from flame and add the infused oil along with lecithin. Stir the mixture vigorously until the lecithin emulsifies the agar and oil together.
- Add a few tablespoons of agave nectar or any sweetener of your choice. Taste the mixture to adjust the sweetness if required and stir.
- Slowly pour the prepared mixture into the silicone moulds or ice cube tray. Refrigerate it at least for an hour to allow the gummies to set.
- Remove the gummies from the moulds and transfer them to a glass jar. You can continue refrigerating them or simply place them in a cool, dry place to store for up to 3 weeks.
Overcome The Dosage Challenge With Cannabis Tincture
Preparing cannabis gummies from scratch can be a fun experience. The preparation of infused oil to dose the gummies is an easy process. But one of the biggest challenges is understanding how many gummies to consume for the proper dosage.
While you might be measuring the exact amount of buds and oils used for the infusion, it is impossible to know the absolute concentration of cannabinoids in the mixture. Therefore, calculating the THC and CBD concentration in the gummies also becomes impossible.
Dosage plays a critical role when using cannabis gummies for their therapeutic benefits. The most efficient way to resolve this problem is to prepare gummies using cannabis tincture. The total dosage of the tincture is mentioned on the label, enabling you to calculate the dosage per gummy.
For example, let us assume you have a 100ml cannabis tincture bottle with 30mg THC and 15mg CBD. The THC and CBD concentration per ml of tincture is:
- 30/100 = 0.3mg/ml THC
- 15/100 = 0.15mg/ml CBD
For the gummies preparation, you add about 10ml of the tincture. Hence the total THC and CBD concentration in the gummies mixture is,
- 0.3*10 = 3mg
- 0.15*10 = 1.5mg CBD
Assume the total number of gummies prepared in the batch is 50. Hence the dosage per gummy is:
- 3/50 = 0.06 mg
- 1.5/50 =0.003 mg
You can similarly calculate the dosage per gummy for your preparation to achieve the optimal levels.
DIY Vegan Cannabis Gummies With Tincture
What You Need
- Two teaspoon cannabis tincture (required dosage)
- 1 cup cold water
- One teaspoon of agar-agar powder
- 1/2 cup concentrated fruit powder
- Medium Saucepan
- Silicone moulds
How To Prepare
- Place the saucepan on medium flame and add water.
- Add the fruit powder to the hot water and let it mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, add the agar agar powder and cold water. Stir till it completely dissolves.
- Pour the dissolved mixture into the saucepan and mix. Let it heat for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat. Add the cannabis tincture and sweetener (if desired) and stir again.
- Pour the gummy mixture into the moulds and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Transfer the gummies to a jar to store.
In Conclusion on How to Make Vegan Cannabis-Infused Gummies
Preparing vegan cannabis gummies at home is quite simple. With the help of our vegan weed gummies guide at DailyMarijuana.io, you can create colourful, flavorful treats to enjoy and share with your vegan friends.
In addition, following recipes at home allows you to create all-natural, non-GMO, and even plant-based cannabis edibles by substituting certain ingredients.
If you don’t want to make your own, Daily Edibles have many options for marijuana-infused gummies available for purchase; just make sure to check that they are vegan. There are so many lifestyle supplement brands that have chosen to make gummies because of their tasty and convenient appeal.
If you want to manage your weight, BioLyfe Keto Gummies trigger ketosis so that you are always in fat-burning mode.
But of course, you can always enjoy other marijuana products and buy cannabis online from the #1-rated weed dispensary in Canada or try delivery services such as BC Weed Delivery in Richmond.
BC Weed Delivery. (2022, July 8). Find the best cannabis dispensaries in British Columbia, Canada. Available at: https://bcweeddelivery.org/
Loria, Kevin. (2018, March 7). 23 health benefits of marijuana. Business Insider. Available At: https://www.businessinsider.com/health-benefits-of-medical-marijuana-2014-4
Daily Edibles Delivery. (2022, July 8). Enjoy the Best Deals On Same-Day Weed Delivery in Vancouver. Available at: https://dailyedibles.io/
Pedler, T. (2022, February 8). How to Calculate THC Content for Edibles [Explained]. Way of Leaf. Available at: https://wayofleaf.com/recipes/how-to-calculate-thc-content-for-edibles
BioLyfe Keto Gummies. (2022, September 7). Buy BioLyfe Keto Gummies Online. Available at: https://biolyfebrands.com/product/keto-gummies/
WeedSmart. (2022, July 8). Canada’s Best Marijuana Dispensary | Online Dispensary Canada. Available at: https://weedsmart.cc/
Holland, K. (2020, July 20). CBD vs. THC: What’s the Difference? Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-vs-thc